It is required to pay special attention in particular to technical inspection and diagnostics at the stages of maintenance and routine technical works. They must be preliminary and carried out between the seasons of operation of the ropeway.
In general, it can be noted that all elements of the ropeway, such as:
- Towers with sheave assembly.
- Tension and drive stations.
- Systems of balances (counterweight) and hydraulic tensions.
- Tensioning rope, hauling rope, carrying-hauling rope and carrying rope.
- Carrier (towing devices, chairs, cabins).
- Grips and hangers.
- Bull wheel and guiding station sheaves.
- Safety and protection system including signal cable.
- Connecting elements, foundations and towers.
- Control cabinets.
Technically they are very important parts of the ropeway, the failure of which causes costly repairs in terms of money and time..
By paying special attention to these issues and conducting a technical inspection in a timely manner, it is possible to identify technical deviations and avoid downtime, which is highly undesirable during the high season.